Jul 27, 2005

Summer update

Last week I passed the Apple Pro Certification Exam for Final Cut Pro 5. This exam was fairly tough and was conducted on the third day of a crash course on everything Final Cut Pro 5. I learned all the commands, features and keyboard shortcuts. I would estimate that less than one third of the class passed. The course was given during DVExpo East in New York and was conducted by Diana Weynand (www.weynand.com) and Mary Plummer (www.invisiondigital.com). We covered all the features of Final Cut Pro 5 including advanced editing, compositing, color correction and signal analysis.

I have been using Final Cut Pro for over a year and along with this certification I feel pretty confident that my proficiency has greatly improved. Currently I am putting together 3 promo spots for RCN's new "Mach 10" broadband service using 3D animation, multilayer compositing, animated backgrounds and type effects.

I use a ridiculous amount of different programs to create my animation and effects elements and Final Cut Pro gives me the power to bring all of them together so that I can deliver a professional SD or HD product.

No comments: