download PDFLinkedIn: www.beautardy.com
Beau Tardy email:beautardy (at) usa.net
Youtube channel: www.youtube.com/user/beautardy
Vimeo channel: www.vimeo.com/beautardy
Highlights: 20+ years experience in TV, live broadcast and video post-production, art direction and design. Senior broadcast designer and animator at MTV Networks, New York. High end client list, including many national cable and broadcast networks, national and international advertising agencies, media companies and corporations. Clients include: MTV Networks, VH1, Nickelodeon, Nicktoons, NBC, MSNBC, RCN, ESPN, HBO, Showtime, ABC, Fox News, Court-TV, Food Network, Cartoon Network, National Geographic, Sony, Hitachi, Toyota, Delta Airlines, Chemical Bank, Mountain Dew, Miller Beer, MCI, Pizza-Hut, Chiquita, OnScreen Entertainment NY, Channel 7 Australia, Global Japan, J. Walter Thompson, DDB Melbourne, Grey Advertising, Blockbuster Entertainment, Vulcan Northwest, Fox Networks, Intel.
SENIOR BROADCAST DESIGNER / ANIMATOR
MTV Networks, New York, NY 1990 -1994
Worked in the critically acclaimed and high-powered MTV on-air graphics department. Created, designed and animated ID's, show opens, packaging, promos, logos and news graphics on a daily basis for on-air use by MTV Networks. Redesigned the on-air MTV News packaging and look. Animated the original open for YO! MTV Raps. Designed and animated show logos for The Real World, Video Music Awards, 120 Minutes and the MTV Movie Awards. Created animation, logos, graphics, digital effects, multi-layered digital compositing, matte cutting, paint and retouching using Quantel Hal, Paintbox and Mac. Spearheaded the use of animation in the graphics department.
SENIOR BROADCAST DESIGNER / ART DIRECTOR / ANIMATION DIRECTOR
Dizzy Worldwide, New York 1994-2010
Award winning Director, Animation Director, Art Director and Editor for TV commercials, image campaigns, TV channel and show packaging, new channel launches, promo spots, show graphics, IDs, live action, animation, branding, motion design and short form branded entertainment for TV networks, ad agencies, media and entertainment companies in both domestic and international markets.
HEAD OF PRODUCTION / POST-PRODUCTION / ART DIRECTION / EDITING
DizzyTV, Houston, 2010-present
Responsibilities include supervising production teams including DPs, videographers and pools of editors. In charge of setting up workflow pipelines and managing deliverables for corporate clients, ad agencies and networks with creative services including production and editorial for broadcast TV and the web. Oversee and manage design, creative direction and art direction for print and online publications. Award winning editing for corporate and commercial clients including: Reebok, Travelers Insurance, Stouffers Foods, Granahan McCourt Capital, Novo Nordisk, ALTV, Sidley Austin LLP
APPLE CERTIFIED TRAINER Final Cut Pro 7 Level 2 and Soundtrack Pro
Trained professionals in advanced concepts of editing for Film, TV and Web using Final Cut Pro. Advanced post-production instruction using Final Cut Studio workflow integration with Motion, Color, Soundtrack Pro and Compressor, Photoshop, After Effects, Adobe Creative Suite.
Clients include: Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania and University of Texas, Austin (through Digital Media Academy), Future Media Concepts Philadelphia and Boston, QVC TV, NBC10 Philadelphia, Princeton TV, New Orleans Video Access Center, Mississippi Public Broadcasting, WGNO TV 26 New Orleans.
- Silver Communicators Award of Distinction: Editing (2015) ALTV
- Bronze Telly Award: Editing (2010) Reebok
- Silver Telly Award: Animation (2007) MTV
- Communicator Award of Distinction: Animation & Effects (2006) MTV
- Communicator Award Honorable Mention: Director (2006) MTV
- Gold BDA Award: Art Direction (1998) Dizzy Worldwide
- Australasian TV Awards: Best of Category (1997) DDB Melbourne
- Gold BDA Award: Graphics Producer (1995) MTV
- Bronze BDA Award: Animation (1994) MTV
- · New York Festivals 2010
- · Promax / BDA North America 2007
- · New York Festivals 2006
- · Promax / BDA Latin America 2006
- · Promax / BDA North America 2005
- · New York Festivals 2005
- · Promax / BDA New York 2004
- · BDA Los Angeles 2001
- · BDA Australia-New Zealand 2000
- · International Monitor Awards 1994
- · Apple Headquarters, 1 Infinity Loop, Cupertino, CA (2010) Final Cut Pro trainer certification
- · Apple Center, New York, NY (2006) Final Cut Pro trainer certification
- · Parsons School of Design, New York, NY (1982-1984) Illustration, computer graphics and video production
- · Berklee College of Music, Boston, Massachussetts (1981-1982) Music Arranging and Composition
- · French Baccalaureat, Nice, France (1980)
Reel and references upon request.